Sunday, June 29, 2003


A couple of people have asked me how this blog fits in with my VanderWorld Report, which is a once-a-month e-newsletter I send out to people who like my fiction. The VanderWorld Report includes music, book, and music reviews, reports on trips to conventions and other places (New Journalism-style), and updates on my writing and editing activities.

This blog, on the other hand, is reserved exclusively for thoughts, mini-essays, and observations about writing--both fiction and nonfiction. Sometimes I will stray off into observations about an editing project or about art. But other than that, this blog will be about the art of writing, in some guise. I will try to avoid subjects like marketing, PR, etc. In a sense, I'll be using this blog as a way to think certain issues through, and to share my ideas about writing.

For those of you who are not VanderWorld subscribers, just send me an email at and I'll sign you up. You get only one email per month, so it's not going to clog your email address with "spam."

Jeff V.


Post a Comment

<< Home