Saturday, August 28, 2004

To Recap...

For those who have only been keeping up with this suddenly frenetic blog over the last few days, I started out with a list of books that I planned to read and comment on by the end of the year. This was the original list:

CLARKE, SUSANNA - Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell
CROWLEY, John - Novelties * Souvenirs: Collected Short Fiction
DAY, CATHY - The Circus in Winter [reading in progress]
DUDMAN, CLARE - 98 Reasons for Being
HAND, ELIZABETH - Mortal Love [reading in progress]
IRVINE, ALEXANDER - One King, One Soldier
MIEVILLE, CHINA - Iron Council
MITCHELL, DAVID - Cloud Atlas
SARRANTONIO, Al - Flights: Extreme Visions of Fantasy [reading in progress]
SWAINSTON, STEPHANIE - The Year of Our War
VONARBURG, Elisabeth - Dreams of the Sea

It's since been suggested to me that I add the following, which I will try to do.

BALLIETT, BLUE - Chasing Vermeer
ERICKSON, STEVEN - Gardens of the Moon
HARWOOD, John - The Ghost Writer
MILLS, MARK - Amagansett
SINISALO, JOHANNA - Troll
STEVENSON, JENNIFER - Trash Sex Magic
STEWART, SEAN - Perfect Circle
ZAFON, CARLOS RUIZ - The Shadow of the Wind

If anyone has any other suggestions of major books published this year, fantastical in nature, that I should add, please post a comment. And also let me know if any of this is of interest. By the end of the year, I'll go back to more observations about the writing life. But for now, I'm using this blog as a spur to keep me reading.

JeffV

1 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Luke. I am hoping to have the Mieville in my hands any day now.

JeffV

 

Post a Comment

<< Home