Friday, June 03, 2005

FESTIVAL OFFERINGS: Freebies Galore

Just a short post to make everyone aware of some freebies associated with the mass market release of City of Saints in the UK. You can access them here. Screensavers based on the illos in the book, the short "trailer" I blogged about before, and also a very interesting Festival quiz. Find out what would happen to you if you happened to wander into Ambergris...Please let me know. I'm curious...

I just took it and got the following rather depressing result. Apparently, I should just be writing about the place, not visiting it...

FATED TO FIND (AND DIE BY) THE GRAY CAPS

You develop a strange fungal growth on your skin which slowly turns into a map of underground Ambergris. Stupidly explorative, you set off but the map soon disappears and you lose all sense of direction. You follow strange markings which lead you deeper into the cavernous network - you lose all hope of ever returning to the surface, especially when the Gray Caps steal your eyes. You die afraid and alone.


JeffV


(Evil Monkey: "Hey--I heard something about setting a personal weightlifting record?" Jeff: "Yeah. I'm up to 250 lbs on the squat." Evil Monkey: "Ain't that special. Big deal. I can squat 450 pounds." Jeff: "Yeah, but you're almost seven feet tall and wide as a truck. I mean, you're more like a gorilla than a monkey." Evil Monkey: "I have to be tough. I got Anne Rice and George Lucas on my tail." Jeff: "If you say so." Evil Monkey: "And not only can I squat 450 pounds, but I can bend iron bars with my breath, crack walnuts with my butt cheeks, and I've got five books coming out in the next year." Jeff: Sigh. There's always someone out there who's more successful, isn't there?)

10 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Nice job, though. I think the Rapture might be a lot more boring.

JeffV

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,

Thanks, man! That quiz is the most fun I've had all week at work.
Thankfully I'm FATED TO SURVIVE... FOR NOW.
Hopefully this oracle is good till after 'Shriek' is released, but after I'm inspired by Duncan's latest blockbuster, who knows what I'll be capable of.

best,

Jonathan Stephens

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm fated to surive...for now.

Maybe you could also get some wallpapers based on new or old covers, rather than just black & white ones

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I'm FATED TO FIND (AND DIE) BY GRAY CAPS...
A little worrying since I went to Theatr Clwyd in north Wales last night - in a town called MOLD.

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A town called Mold?!

Robert--yes, that's the next step. But this is specifically for the one book.

JeffV

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup...MOLD! I reckon it must be connected to Ambergris in some way...
www.
bbc.co.uk/wales/northeast/sites/mold_town/

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also Fated to Survive...For Now.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Jason Erik Lundberg said...

I was also FATED TO FIND (AND DIE BY) THE GRAY CAPS, which is disappointing. Very funny quiz, tho.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Hal Duncan said...

I'm a survivor too.

I wonder if I'm not more worried that I'm eminently suited to life in Ambergris, than if I was to die at the hands of the gray caps.

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FATED TO BECOME (AND DIE AS) ART

I am turned into an abstract work of art that speaks volumes about modern Ambergrisian society, but which is then stolen; the theft is written about in a variety of historical pamphlets, but ultimately I am never seen or heard from again.


So if anybody ever finds me in a cupboard or stored in a dusty attic, could you give me a shout please?

Iain

 

Post a Comment

<< Home