Friday, October 14, 2005

DONATIONS TO NAWLINS

I recently got the following email from Colleen Mondor that I thought was worth sharing. It seems definitely legit. Please help out if you can.

Jeff

*****


Jeff:

As you may have read in the Bookslut blog two weeks ago, (I am a regular contributor over there), I am working with a group in Baton Rouge who are helping children sheltered with their families at Southern University. We have put together a couple of wish lists of books and games that the folks at Parkview Baptist Church will happily deliver to the SU kids and other area shelter kids, all of whom would love to have a diversion right now. We are also trying to contact book and comic book reviewers in particular to let them know that any children, young adult or all ages titles they have lying around would certainly be welcome down in Baton Rouge.

If you could mention my project on your site when you return from Australia, it would help get the word out. Also, feel free to buy off the lists, and send the links on to everyone you know and pass on my email to anyone who has any questions.

Take care and thank you for your help in spreading the word.

Best,

Colleen Mondor
moroaircraft (at) verizon.net

Mailing Address for Donations:

Josh Causey
Parkview Baptist Church
11795 Jefferson Highway
Baton Rouge, LA 70816

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just heard back yestarday from a friend of mine who was in prison in new orleans and he's ok and alive and out of there.

He told me it was scary, and it was so weird and final when he left and the whole city was underwater, all these places he was drowned.

He says he's writing a novel about it. Should be interesting. He's letting me post about it in his my blog this week.

Needless to say, I've already sent assloads of money and care packages. I've given my friend 50 books because he lost everything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home