Monday, January 08, 2007

BOOKSLUT COMICS COLUMN--January

My January Bookslut column on comics is now up.

The major portion of the column focuses on Ivan Brunetti's An Anthology of Graphic Fiction, Cartoons, and True Stories. I liked the anthology. I wasn't so fond of the editing effort involved. Contradictory? Read the review.

One comment I must make. I've seen more than one blogger, and some Amazon readers, comment that Brunetti's An Anthology of Graphic Fiction, Cartoons, and True Stories is far superior to Best American Comics.

This is so utterly misleading as to be incomprehensible to me. Brunetti's anthology picks reprints from the last 10 to 20 years (and sometimes from earlier), while Best American Comics is a yearly compilation of the best from the prior year. Comparing the two and finding Best American Comics lacking is just plain stupid.

JeffV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home