Tuesday, February 01, 2005

TRAWLING FOR VOTES--Not

I would like to let you know that although I have work eligible for the Hugo and work on the Locus recommended list, I will not be posting a request for you to vote for it. I will not be itemizing each piece of fiction and asking for your consideration in faux humble tones. I will not be providing links to any fiction online that is eligible. In fact, although I will from time to time tell you about upcoming projects on this blog, I will never use this blog to ask for your vote for any award or honor. Any nomination or honor or award that could be bought in part through blatant self-advertising is pretty much not worth it. And if it can't be bought that way, then why indulge in the fiction that it can be?

JeffV

3 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

An admirable position!

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,
You may be interested to know you've received votes of a different kind. Over at sffworld.com Veniss Underground has been voted the fantasy book club book of the month. It'd be really cool if you can swing around a bit later in the month and maybe post a few comments on the discussion.
The URL is http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9596.

Cheers,
Ben from the Gong

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, I've certainly canvassed for votes in the past for a couple of pet projects, but I'm sick of the whole thing and am done with it.

Ben--thanks, man! I'll definitely stop by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home