Wednesday, July 27, 2005

CLEANING HOUSE (WANT A TROIKA?)

Further Update: I've found about 15 Leviathan 2 copies I can part with. Lev2 which features Richard Calder (an excerpt from Franzetta), Rhys Hughes' rather incredible novella "The Darktree Wheel," which is available nowhere else, a wonderful L. Timmel Duchamp story, and Stepan Chapman's classic "Minutes of the Last Meeting". Along with interviews with all four. At the time, it was the first interview ever for Hughes and for Duchamp. Oh yes--and an introduction by David Pringle. Anyway, if you want one of these, paypal me $10 at vanderworld@hotmail.com (for North America shipment--otherwise, email me first). They're first editions. I'll sign 'em if it makes a difference.



Well, in addition to everything else, we've been trying to clean up the house. Specifically, that means getting rid of books or putting them in storage. We've got something like 20,000 to 25,000 books and it's beginning to be a bit much. Every day new ones come in that we've ordered or not ordered (review copies). So Ann's put some up for sale on Amazon.com. And we're donating some to Good Will. But there are others that I might just offer for sale through this blog, if anyone is interested.

One thing I can tell you is that I've got 25 copies of the second edition of the Troika by Stepan Chapman (Philip K. Dick Award winning novel from the Ministry of Whimsy), and I don't want to hold onto all of them. (I might even have a box of first editions, too--I'll have to check.) If you're in North America, it's $13 postpaid per copy. If you live anywhere else in the world, drop me a line at vanderworld@hotmail.com first re cost. Paypal only, unless you want to send a check. But paypal preferred.

Update: Just to clarify, if I do have any firsts of Troika for sale, they'll be $20 postpaid. Still reasonable, I think.

Jeff

10 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger Jason Erik Lundberg said...

25,000 books?! God damn, man, how do you have room for anything else? Wow, and my wife says I have too many books.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger JeffV said...

LOL. We don't. We're drowning in books...

JeffV

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Hal Duncan said...

If ye can hold on to one of them Troika's till November I'll take one off yer hands at World Fantasy, for sure. Cash in hand, mate. No stamps required.

By November I might actually have cleared some space in my To Read list for a book Neil's raved about for years and that I, for shame still haven't got round to.

And can I just echo the words above:

25,000 books?! Holy Mother of Babel!

 
At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of you wondering how we can house so many books, let me tell you. We have books in every room (and I mean every room) of the house. Stacks and stacks, boxes and bookcases. Most of the bookcases have double or even triple rows of books. We have them at our work offices and in our cars. Anyplace we can store them. HELP!!!!

Ann V.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger JeffV said...

Well, honey, that's a slight exagerration, just because we have so many of them in boxes under the piano and whatnot. And we did get rid of several boxes at Chamblin's, so that helped. What I don't know what to do with are the coffee table books. About 200 of those, on various topics. I almost feel like tossing them all. They're about to break the bookcase they're leaning on.

Jeff

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take a Troika, please! First edition if possible, otherwise second is fine. Lemme know when to PayPal you...

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vera:

I'll check on the first edition situation tonight and let you know.

Jeff

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It could be worse. I have an apartment.. I keep running out of space for bookshelves. But I can't get rid of any of my babies!

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always get rid of your coffee table and fill the space it used to occupy with stacked coffee table books. Throw a piece of glass or plexiglass on top, and you're in business. It'd use up some of them, anyway.

Rudi D.

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just accidentlly ruined my copy of troika, do you have any left. 1st or 2nd doesnt matter?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home