Sunday, September 18, 2005

FINAL THOUGHTS, FINAL SCHEDULE, STUBBED TOES

Today I managed to badly jam a toe, which makes three traitorous toes on my right foot. Is it a sign? I know not. All I know is I've been prepping for Australia for weeks now, and I'm glad it's actually going to finally happen. We've got our sunglasses, our shorts, our t-shirts, our iPOD, our sandals, our guidebooks, our notebooks, our squid stickers, our workshop outlines, our cigar case, our bizarre requests from friends ("Get me one of those kangaroo scrotum change purses." "Er, okay."), our itinerary, our passports (in which I look like a glassy-eyed pudgy, bearded Belgian terrorist; question: Will they let me leave the country?), our vitamins, our advice from Australians ("go to the Sydney zoo"/"skip the Sydney zoo"), our socks, our camera, our special carrying case for Evil Monkey...

So, all that's left is to post my revised official schedule for anyone who cares and to let you know who will be guest blogging in my absence. (Oh, yes, and to say, unless you have to, don't email me while I'm gone. All my accounts are likely to go over their max as it is...)

Cheers,

Jeff

Schedule

CAIRNS

Jeff VanderMeer Masterclass
Cairns City Council Library
Tuesday September 27, 9am - 4pm
Venue: Cairns City Council Library (must sign up)

Regional distinctiveness in writing Nick Earls & Jeff VanderMeer
Cairns City Council Library
Tuesday September 27, 6pm
Jeff VanderMeer, Nick Earls, Pat Morrish (chair)


BRISBANE

The Devil in Brisbane Book Launch
Thursday September 29, 4pm - 5pm
Courier-Mail River Marquee, South Bank
Jeff VanderMeer, Geoff Maloney, The Rt. Hon. Lord Mayor of Brisbane, Councillor Campbell Newman

Jeff VanderMeer Masterclass
Friday September 30, 9am - 4pm
QLD Conservatorium Griffith University Room 2.15 (must sign up)

UQ Presents: Magic, Surrealism and Fantasy
Courier-Mail River Marquee, South Bank
Saturday October 1, 2:30pm - 3.30pm
Jeff VanderMeer, Kim Wilkins, Paul Brandon (tbc), Ron Serdiuk (Chair tbc)

VanderMeer's Visionary World of Ambergris
Cremorne Theatre, QPAC
Sunday October 2, 11:30am - 12.30pm
Jeff VanderMeer's multimedia presentation

SYDNEY

Reading and signing, courtesy of the Brisbane Writers Festival
Galaxy Bookshop
Thursday, October 6, 6:30pm

I'm also doing a couple of newspaper and radio show interviews--some in Cairns--that may pop up on the internet. And, if Trent Jamieson's short story collection is out by then, I may be involved in that.

You can find links to much of this information on my website.

2 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Look forward to seeing you and Ann in Sydney. Have a great time in Queensland before then.

Anne S

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Jason Erik Lundberg said...

Have a wonderful time in the land of Oz. Watch out for flying monkeys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home