Saturday, September 17, 2005

EXODUS DAMAGE



I think this might be one of my favorite songs of the year from one of my favorite CDs of the year...

so the second plane hit at 9:02
I saw it live on a hotel tv, talking on my cell with you
you said this would happen, and just like that, it did
wrong about the feeling, wrong about the sound
but right to say we would stand down

an hour went by without a fighter in the sky
you said there’s a reason why
so tell me now, I must confess
I’m not sick enough to guess

dance dance revolution
all we’re gonna get
unless it falls apart
so I say: go go go
let it fall down
I’m ready for the end



(Evil Monkey: That's your favorite?! Jeff: Yeah, what of it? Evil Monkey: It's not my favorite. Jeff: What's yours? Evil Monkey: Electric Six's "Danger! High Voltage" followed closely by their song "Dance Commander." Can't beat lyrics like this: "Fire in the disco! Fire in the Taco Bell. Fire in the disco! Fire in the Gates of Hell! Don't you want to know how I keep starting fires? It's my desire! It's my desire! Danger! Danger! High Voltage." Jeff: You may have a point." Evil Monkey: Just read their band bio/history:

We used to be called the Wildbunch. We had to change our name because we wanted a shot at the big time. We got our shot, but we are not entirely sure that this is the big time. We think this is more of a hazy limbo with no end in sight. We are not even sure if God remembers us or cares who we are. Over the years we reckon we've had 4 different guitar players, 4 different bass players, 5 different keyboard players, and we are now messing with drums. We are going on drummer number 3. We use stage names because we had a stupid idea one night and now we have to live with it.


Jeff: Impressive... Evil Monkey: Ain't it, though?)

4 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger Jason Erik Lundberg said...

The only Electric Six song I've heard is "Gay Bar," which someone made a video by splicing footage of W and Tony Blair talking.

I thought your favorite album of the year was by Spoon. Not anymore?

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Dance Commander" is on my all-time list of songs to include on any mix for anyone I know..."it would be awesome..."

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger JeffV said...

Electric Six just cracks me up. "Gay Bar" is a great song, too.

I still like the Spoon a lot. But there's been a lot of stuff released since. The Robbers in the High Street CD, Tree City, has steadily gone up in my rankings over the months while the Spoon has dipped just slightly. And the VanderSlice CD is pretty amazing.
The National's Alligator continues to amaze me as well.

Mike--That song is just amazing. But I love the whole CD.

JeffV

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger jacobsteel said...

Yeah, that Vanderslice song is really great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home