NEW HAMPSHIRE--Hamster Density State
We're going to New Hampshire tomorrow to visit our friends Eric and Paulette for New Year's, as well as Mr. Shortly and several others. Eric and Paulette have told us a lot about New Hampshire, a state we've never visited. Here are some of the things we've learned.
* Due to hot springs, the area is very warm during the winter months and we should bring our Bermuda shorts.
* New Hampshire has more hamsters per capita than any state in the U.S. Many hamster-pelt products can be bought by the roadside.
* Hedgehogs are a common sight in people's George Foreman grills. They grow hedgepigs big in New Hampshire--as big as real pigs. They cause accidents on the roads.
* The standard form of greeting in NH is to walk up to someone and say, "Up yer butt," which apparently refers to an old battle during the Civil War.
* Beer has no calories in New Hampshire.
* Every day is Squid Day.
* The snow in NH tastes like cinnamon!
* There are no reality shows in New Hampshire.
* Bears love it when you run at them with shovels.
We're really looking forward to it!!!!
See you in the new year, when I'll post more music lists, interviews, etc. And thanks for reading.
I do wonder a bit why Eric asked us to bring mosquito netting. I understand why we should bring the Penguin Phat, though.