Tuesday, February 14, 2006

ODYSSEY WORKSHOP

This summer I'll be a guest lecturer at Odyssey. Anyone who has taken one of my masterclasses or workshops knows what you get: honest general and specific comments that focus on all aspects of writing, along with recommendations for improvement and exercises to help you get there. I'll also make myself as available as possible to answer questions about publishing, editing your work, etc. In addition to doing a lecture on fantasy fiction.

What I always promise is simple: no bullshit and no melodrama. I'm also not there to validate you as a writer. I'm there to identify your strengths and weaknesses and impart what I've learned over the last two decades.

See below for more information.

Jeff

Improve your Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror writing at The Summer Fantasy Writing Workshop

Special Writer-in-Residence:
Robert J. Sawyer

Guest Lecturers:

Melissa Scott
Jeff VanderMeer
Christopher Golden
Laurie J. Marks
Shawna McCarthy

Six weeks of directed study with Jeanne Cavelos, former senior editor at Bantam Doubleday Dell and winner of the World Fantasy Award

June 12 through July 21, 2006

Held at Saint Anselm College • Manchester, NH
For details or an application visit our website

or send an SASE to
20 Levesque Lane, Box F, Mont Vernon, NH 03057
Phone/Fax: 603.673.6234

E-mail: jcavelos at sff.net

*Application Deadline April 14th*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home