Sunday, April 02, 2006

TAXES AND BEER

UPDATE: According to Paula Guran: "Taxes and drinking don't mix :-> The IRS will not allow the Evil Monkey, the alien baby, or any squid to be listed as dependents." Yes, but what about as research? If I ate any squid or mushrooms during 2005, that's got to count as research...Also, if I ate any meerkats."

It is now mid-afternoon. I have been working on taxes since noon. I need a beer. Belgian beer, preferably. Or my head is going to explode.

Thank God for Ann. Without her organized brain, I would just take all these receipts and burn them in a big bonfire out back while dancing naked around it screaming "stupid fuckers!" at the top of my lungs.

Thank God for Ann. She's gone to get the beer.

Jeff

Exercise:
5-mile brisk walk

(Evil Monkey: "Did you see this?" Jeff: "Er, oddly enough, I did." Evil Monkey: "Do you agree your position is much different from China Mieville's and M. John Harrison's?" Jeff: "Inasmuch as I have a position...yes.")

3 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, unfortunately not a surreal fact of life. Loved this.

susan @ spinning

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I myself was complaining earlier about an insufficiency of fish screening devices in my writing life, which according to the State of Oregon would provide with plentiful tax breaks and (presumably) untold riches. You have my sympathy.

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My god--that's brilliant!

JeffV

 

Post a Comment

<< Home