Saturday, March 25, 2006

UPCOMING BLAWWGY THANGS

What's upcoming on the blog? I know it's been a goddawful lot of stuff about what I've been up to, but you can expect the following :

- Interview with Hugo nominee John Scalzi (congrats, John!) and several others
- Evil Monkey's reaction to Bakker's reaction to my reaction to the political on Emerald City (just as soon as the Bakker is live).
- My favorite music of 2005 (a little late).
- Audio and video of various readings and interviews.
- Guest bloggers from all of the countries I'm visiting this summer, to occur while I'm in Europe. I think this feature will give everyone a better view of publishing and books in those countries. Should be fascinating.

And a few surprises, I'm sure.

A few people have asked seriously about an Evil Monkey Guide to Fiction Writing. I'm pretty serious about writing this, because adopting EM's persona somehow will allow me enough distance to comment seriously and comically about this subject--from both a craft and career POV. Probably sometime in 2007-2008.

More information on Leviathan 5 will be forthcoming in the next few weeks, as well. And I hope to announce a major new editing project very, very soon.

Jeff

Sat. Exercise:
40 minutes on the bike
(tomorrow a 14-mile hike)
diet adjustment: lower carb, no beer, lots of water

4 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evil Monkey guide to writing fiction - excellent idea. Say it how it is, Evil Monkey.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger marrije said...

And one of the first points I'd like Evil Monkey to address is How To Know When (The Fuck) Not To Write, a most interesting point he touched on in his "growth cycle" post.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Potential fucking times not to write:

* Don't start to write until you know the end of your story.

* Don't write while drunk.

* Don't write while vacuuming.

* Don't write during sex.

* Don't write unless it's genuine for you.

* Don't write when you're too close to what you're writing about.

* Don't write when you're not personally invested enough in what you're writing about.

* Don't write just to complete your word count for the day.

* Don't write if you haven't figured out what's wrong with what you wrote the day before.

Just a few off the top of my monkey head.

EM

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha, now I see where I was going wrong, I do all those things, all the time, all at the same time in fact. Except 3. But especially 2 and 4. Thank you, Evil Monkey. You have changed my lfe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home