Wednesday, August 16, 2006

MISSING ROMANIA...

...and we haven't even left.

Four amazing days, Tritonic, my publisher, taking us up into the mountains, to Brasov and then the Danube Delta, where I saw storks and black ibis and swans I'd never ever seen before!!!! (Road Trip--

We miss Bogdan, Mireille, Michael, Horia, Ona, and all the rest very much. Everyone was so amazingly wonderful. I don't really know how to describe it, except I'm both very sad right now at leaving but glad to know that I will be seeing these people again.

The book launch was huge, with an interview for Romanian TV and radio, and coverage and interviews in six or seven newspapers. Everything went wonderfully well.

Ann and I are in the airport for Finland and know that will be amazing and wonderful, too.

More soon. I'm doing a crappy job of coverage of our tour, but we will have video and photos and a complete report when my tired brain can process all of it.

Jeff

5 Comments:

At 3:15 AM, Blogger Jen said...

you should've brought your eye patch... and evil monkey. the launch was cool, even if it was a bit cramped and you looked a bit lost with all the people talking in romanian around :)

so, when are you going to be back? :D it was fun.

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you a lot too, and that since yesterday. Next time, please don't limit yourself to only four days. Even better, next time, come for good. We'll find a nice job for you, and we'll all live happily ever after.
Kiss the girl!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Jason Erik Lundberg said...

Even if you feel you haven't blogged much about this trip, I'm still enjoying the posts that you do make. And I've gotten both your postcards so far, from Portugal, and then Berlin (is that really a piece of the Berlin wall?). Glad to hear you're having such an amazing time.

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you too, guys. Since I left you at the airport. I told Ona how was it that harsh farewell and I felt again those tears in my eyes (shame on me; or maybe not / "bad-bad-michael" Ona says). I love you both. Can't wait to see you again.

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are already with you. Soon, somewhere we'll be together again. Good luck in Finland. We miss you, Ann and Jeff, but let's sell some books. Let's sell some Veniss Underground! See you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home