Friday, August 25, 2006

THE SKY IS OPEN

Listening to the new Long Winters CD--my favorite of the year so far. "The Sky is Open" and other amazing songs.

So, just settling back into life in Tallahassee. I'll have photos and reports and whatnot soon. In the meantime, five photos from Finncon, taken using the phone the Finncon organizers gave us.

I'm still absorbing it all. The main thing I think I want to say is how much I loved meeting everyone. So many interesting, interesting people. It made everything except writing seem very unimportant. I was smiling so much on the plane back thinking about people and all the adventures we had. It was the most amazing five weeks of my life, I think.

Jeff



Me after a long day of Finnconning...


Too cool for words--gray caps in the Finncon Masquerade!


Ann checking to make sure I'm still alive.


I fulfill my lifelong dream of standing next to totoro!


Stepan awaits the sauna.

5 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger Luís Rodrigues said...

I loved meeting you and Ann after so many years. You're fantastic and we miss you, please come back soon!

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous clare said...

Those grey caps are astonishing. Just how I imagined them to be. Can't wait to hear and see more.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jason Erik Lundberg said...

I love that photo of the gray caps. The Finns love ya, dude.

Welcome home!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Welcome home the pair of you. One of your captions says that Ann is checking to see if you are still alive, but you didn't actually confirm the outcome of her life-checking survey.

 
At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Ipa said...

The memory of the grey caps in Finncon does not make me smile, anymore. There were gray caps all around the house when I came home. Actually, there were grey caps everywhere along our trip, and the news have been telling how they spread in amazing speed every night towards the north. Some biologists have been comparing grey caps to those giant craps on the northern coast of Norway, and found some similarity between their inner cell structures. Odd. Wait a minute, doorbell is ringing.





wearehere

 

Post a Comment

<< Home