Tuesday, May 01, 2007

AMAZON, REALMS OF FANTASY, OTHER NEWS/CHANGES

First off, my review of Elizabeth Hand's latest books is up at SF Site, along with a description of her sainthood in Smaragdine.

Second, as of this week, I am the SF/F blogger for the Amazon Book Blog, which I believe also feeds into the Amazon Daily blog. I'll be posting three to five times a week on all things SF-Fantastical. If you have news, links, or cool stuff you think might be of interest, you can always send it to me at vanderworld@hotmail.com, so long as you include "Amazon" in the subject line for sorting purposes. I cannot promise a response, of course.

Third, I have been offered and have accepted the second reviewer slot for Realms of Fantasy. Paul Witcover is taking over the primary slot as Gahan Wilson is going to be doing one-off reviews for Realms in the future. I will also be doing a graphic novels sidebar column for Realms. This starts with the October 2007 issue.

Fourth, I will be doing some freelance reviewing from time to time for SF Weekly, in addition to my regular (anonymous) Publishers Weekly reviews, and my SF Site and Bookslut columns. I'm also doing a roundup column for the Washington Post's Book World.

Fifth, it appears there will be a Shriek limited from a mysterious new publisher.

Sixth, the Ministry of Whimsy will be revived shortly and Leviathan 5 is on the horizon.

Seventh, the WordPress site Luis Rodrigues is doing for me should go live May 15. The Shriek movie will go live shortly thereafter.

Eighth, I am now 100% freelance and will be offering editorial/critiquing services both in fiction and nonfiction. I am also well-versed in creation of educational materials, PR, etc.

Ninth, the John Klima edited Loghorrea anthology is now out, including my story "Appoggiatura," which I will podcast later this month. Klima has photos of the antho here.

Tenth, I've run out of things to say.

My business snail mail address is: POB 4248, Tallahassee, FL 32315.

Jeff

3 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Tim Pratt said...

Congratulations on making the jump to full-time freelancing! Good luck.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Tobias Buckell said...

Congrats on your jump to full time, Jeff. And to all the various things you're doing. BTW, I'm celebrating my 1 year anniversary of going full time on May 9th, in one week. Trying to think of what to do, but a small party will be involved.

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck and many customers, Jeff! May the market forces be with you!

We would love to have you as an occasional reviewer or columnist but I guess now that you live on it we can't afford you anymore...

Actually, at Phantastik-Couch.de we don't pay anybody anything. Fandom and self-exploitation are synonymous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home