Wednesday, March 29, 2006

KEEP ROBERT JORDAN IN YOUR THOUGHTS

I thought this was an extraordinarily brave and tough letter from Robert Jordan about his condition. I love his attitude and have a lot of respect for it. I'm sure his many fans will keep motivating him to fight this thing, but keep him in your thoughts even if you've never read his work.

Tomorrow, I hope to post an interview with Hugo nominee John Scalzi--great stuff.

Jeff

Today's Exercise:
Full body workout, weightlifting, for two hours (same as last Wednesday)
25 minutes on bike

2 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Larry Nolen said...

Yeah, I read about that last week. Very sad turn of events, but I too admire him for the courage he's shown. Although I've stopped reading his works some years back, I do some work for a fansite of his and it was just announced that there's a call by Rigney for anyone who wants to help to donate time/money to the Mayo Clinic and to the amyloidosis research that they are doing there. Just thought I would pass that along.

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger jukkahoo said...

Agreement from here too. Personal experience tell me that coming out and explaining this kind of a situation to people you know and love is the best policy. In Jordan's case these people amount to a huge number of people.

Eventual rumours of the state of a writer of his stature could well launch talks that would be so much worse than anything that has to do with the truth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home