Monday, June 05, 2006

BRING OUT YOUR DEAD! (Or, WANT TO BE DEAD IN AMBERGRIS?)

You Want Some Dead People?

Yes. For the war sequences in the Shriek movie, we could use a few stiffs. Literally, headshots of dead people. But not real dead people--of live people acting dead. Which doesn't take much. Casualties pulled from the rubble.

Where and How Do I Post My Photo?

I've set up a thread on my Night Shade message board where you can post a photo of your dead self for possible use in the movie.

As it says on the thread, to post a photo, just copy-and-paste this:

\image{Text description}

and you'll be prompted to upload your dead self. (You don't need to enter anything in the text description part. Just leave it as is.)

Try to make sure the jpegs you post to the thread aren't too big--either in file size or height and width, or it'll be hard to see them.

You will be emailing the original high-quality digital photo (at least we hope it's high-quality) to the director of the movie if your dead face is chosen...

Finally, make sure to include your email with the posted photo so we can contact you.

What does a headshot of a dead person look like?

Generally, that would mean eyes shut and expression slack. If you want to be adventurous and try for the dead-but-eyes-open look, that's cool. Just be sure you can pull it off. Your live self better look dead. If your shirt is showing in the shot, it should be nondescript without any logo or anything showing. Dark solids are best. Also, these shots tend to look best if you're lying down and someone is taking the photo from above. Best not to include anything below shoulders or chest. No cheesy makeup to show head wounds or what not, although if you wanna try to look bruised or scarred or something, go for it. (On our end, it's amazing what photoshop can do...)

What's the deadline?

We'll consider dead shots of your dead self for the next week. Who knows? You might end up dead in a war in Ambergris.

What do I get for being dead?

You'll get a free copy of the movie on DVD and some other freebies if your shot makes the movie. (This is a low-budget production.) You'll also get a film credit as a dead person. I'll probably post all the headshots on my blog, regardless of who makes the movie, at the end of this experiment. That's a lot of dead people.

JeffV

6 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Kai Jansson said...

I'm sure this guy will want to be in your film:

http://www.deadbodyguy.com/

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Tallyflute said...

I'm pale enough to be a dead person.... lol
sometimes I have to take my own pulse in the morning just to make sure I'm still kicking!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Dave Goodman said...

Check out this Flickr group.

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm from Tallahassee, too! But I live in NY now. Maybe I'll submit a deadshot of myself.

www/myspace.com/andrewjimenez

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey....

I'd love to be in it. 25 million have seen my site so far.

pick which dead pose you want

www.deadbodyguy.com/poses.aspx

Chuck
"Dead Body Guy"

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this still going on? please e-mail me! starshotyoshi@gmail.com
-tai

 

Post a Comment

<< Home