Thursday, September 15, 2005

BANTAM VENISS TO DEBUT SEPTEMBER 26



Veniss Underground is out from Bantam Books in the U.S. and Canada September 26th (trade paperback). You can pre-order on Amazon. This edition includes the related stories "The Sea, Mendeho, and Moonlight," "Balzac's War," "Detectives and Cadavers," and "A Heart for Lucretia." (All of which do, of course, appear in my collection Secret Life.) If you read this blog, chances are you've already bought Veniss. But it will do my nerves a world of good if you buy a copy of the Bantam edition--for a friend if you liked it, for an enemy if you loathed it. The point is--this is my first book from a major publisher in the U.S. (the disease doesn't really count, since I only edited that one) and I'd like it to do well. It should be available on the new fiction trade paper back in all Borders, among other cool places. I appreciate your support. The Bantam listing is here.

Also, I really can't say enough about Juliet Ulman and her staff at Bantam. She's wonderful, and very funny, too. I seem blessed when it comes to editors.

By the way--Evil Monkey alerted me that "some dumbass bought the venissunderground.com site out from under you about five minutes after it became available again." So that site has now moved to: http://www.veniss-underground.com.

6 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome news. I've read City of Saints, but never got around to ordering Veniss. I wasn't even aware this was going to be released so soon in the U.S., and now I only have to wait less than 2 weeks. It will be good to see your books in Borders. I remember searching the major bookstores in vain when I first became aware of your writing.

Good luck with it. I hope it does well for you. I just wish Shriek was going to come out sooner in the U.S.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Jason Erik Lundberg said...

Yay for Bantam!

Interesting choice of cover art too. More understated then the other covers for this book, but I like duality of the brother/sister twin thing in the artwork.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger banzai cat said...

Hurray! Ever since City of Saints came out in Bantam, hardback copies have managed to filter to this part of the world.

Hopefully with Veniss published this way, I'll be able to get a copy here also soon.

 
At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that is probably my favorite cover out of all of your books.

Veniss is one of those "on my list to read" books (it's a very long list, mostly full of children books and books on history and philosophy) and am eagerly awaiting reading it.

But first I have to get through some Peter Beagle books I haven't read yet, a book on Pharmognosty and a book on alchemy (a nifty looking book on Alchemical illustrations).

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Jay said...

I already have 'Veniss Undeground', but I'll be sure to scoop this for the cause of the promotion of good SFF in the U.S.

About damn time. I have been asked by some poeple why they couldn't at times find your books in the U.S. - and not living in the U.S. - I didn't know it wasn't available and just assumed it was.

Excellent news and congrats Jeff.


Jay
FBS

 
At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks guys!

It's really strange. I feel like I'm starting all over again now that I have a major publisher.

And thanks for your support. It means a lot.

Jeff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home