Wednesday, February 21, 2007

SMALL BEER PRESS IN 2007: UNBEATABLE?

I'm looking at this line-up of Elizabeth Hand, John Crowley, et al, and I'm thinking to myself two things: Small Beer is going to have an amazing 2007; and: man, I'd love to have a book out from them some day.

Seriously, I think Small Beer is one of the best (although not the only) models for how to run a press through taking quality material, taking the time to promote it properly, knowing how to partner with larger presses in innovative ways, and not expanding so quickly that you ruin everything you've set up. Having at times run Ministry of Whimsy like a crack-smoking drunken sailor on shore leave, I know how difficult it is to do this year after year, and to just get better and better.

Jeff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home