Saturday, October 08, 2005

LEFT MY CITY BUT I'M HOME NOW

Ben Peek guest blogging



Sydney seen as I dropped through the sky, cocooned in metal with engines attached to the side.

I'm always happy to see Sydney. Its got my family: blood and non-blood, all but two of them as I type this, are in this sprawling mess there. Family, y'know? History, culture, everything I grew up with, I feel it here most of all, but I can feel it elsewhere; what makes me love a city is the people within it.

(Ben Peek left the city and came back. Hit his blog for more about it. In case you're wondering, he has kept Jeff's Evil Monkey in a cage. He has feed him raw women and whiskey. The monkey didn't write poetry like Charles Bukowski: he just got drunk and missed his opportunity. When he wakes up, I'll let him out, play him some Bettye LaVette.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home