Wednesday, February 21, 2007

SPOILER WARNING: DON'T READ THE SCIFI.COM REVIEW OF THE TERROR

Eeek! John Clute writes a magnificent, well-written, well-thought-out review of The Terror on Scifi.com. But for the love of Gawd, if you haven't read Dan Simmons amazing new novel and plan to read it, DO NOT read this review. It basically gives you the plot of the entire book, including twists, etc. Do not look. Look away, I tell you. I'm not even going to give you the link. You have been warned.

Jeff

4 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning. I don't know how many reviews I've read where the book is ruined by too many spoilers. Suddenly book reviews are the new movie trailers - leaving nothing for the reader to discover on his own.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Josh said...

Believe this warning. It came too late for me. I still want to read The Terror; somehow I feel like the joy of this one might be more in the journey than the destination. But, like the protagonist of an H.P. Lovecraft story, I also wish I could forget the terrible knowledge Clute revealed and return to blissful ignorance.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Rob said...

I am usually too busy using a dictionary when I read a Clute review to notice any spoilers, but thanks for the warning. Clute usually doesn't give that much away. One often has to wade through the hypnopompic effluvia and lacuna to suss out the desideratum of meaning.

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lacunae I can deal with; it's the batrachophrenoboocosmomachia you have to watch out for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home