Friday, June 08, 2007

VACATION BY JEREMY SHIPP



I just blogged about Jeremy C. Shipp's short novel Vacation on the Amazon book blog.

This is a startling first novel by a refreshingly sharp talent. I can't tell you there aren't some rough edges here and there, but that's trifling compared to the originality on display. It's what I kind of hoped Gray by Armstrong would be.

Anyway, you really should check this novel out. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Too few writers out there display the sharpness and satirical acumen of Shipp.

Jeff

2 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Claire said...

I was disappointed by Grey, too. I thought it had some nice images, but the whole complete-losers-running-businesses thing didn't really work for me.

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah Jeremy seems like a nice chap. I interviewed him (as quickly as possible - to avoid static generated from our respective beards) over on my myspace: http://www.myspace.com/moali786


(...is it myspace or my myspace? anyway)

Mo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home